As you have supplied us with your CV and any supporting information, we have collected personal information about you.
Personal information may range from the sensitive (e.g. relevant medical history or criminal history) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). We may collect the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information in connection with your possible work placements.
We collect information that is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions or activities.
We do not routinely conduct criminal history checks and only do so in order to obtain relevant criminal history with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted.
If you only browse our website, we do not collect information that identifies you personally, though we may collect information related to your visit to our website.
Who has collected your personal and sensitive information
Your personal information has been collected by McDougall HR Pty Ltd, Suite 1 – 195 Hume Street, Toowoomba, 4350, for its own use.
Your personal information will be held by McDougall HR in our offices on the Corner of Herries and Ruthven Street, Toowoomba. Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members.
How to contact us
Personal information about you that we collect from others
We collect personal information about you from other people including referees, previous employers, professional registration authorities, educational institutions, who may be in a position to provide us with information that we may use to assess your suitability to be placed in or continue in positions that you may be offered.
If we reasonably believe that your being in, or remaining in, a position might present a risk to your health and safety or to that of others for whose health or safety we are responsible, we may collect relevant personal information (including health information) that will allow us to manage that risk.
Legal requirements for personal information
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history and evidence of your right to work) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying.
There may be cases where our duties require us to obtain and disclose certain types of personal information relevant to specific jobs. [e.g. some professional registration legislation may require the collection of certain types of information]
When requesting information of this type we will tell you whether the supply of that information by you is mandatory or voluntary.
If you do not give us all or part of the information we need
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
- we might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for particular positions.
Your personal information will be used in connection with:
- our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- the necessary validation (including from appropriate third party sources) of your resume, c.v., nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities. Where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it;
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments, psychometric testing or skills testing) that you might be required to undergo;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- our identification of your training needs;
- suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us;
- any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- any reference that we may give concerning your work;
- our statutory compliance obligations, and
Your personal information may be disclosed to…
- potential and actual employers and clients of McDougall HR;
- a person who seeks a reference about you;
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors, internet service suppliers and database company, bookkeepers, WH&S consultants;
- a parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients
We are not likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
- personal information about me being collected by you as indicated above;
- personal information about me being used as indicated above;
- personal information about me being disclosed as indicated above;
- engaging in electronic transactions with regard any matter connected with the purposes for which my personal information may be used or disclosed as indicated above.
If you DO NOT consent to the above please notify us immediately via email – email@example.com and we will destroy all of you personal information from our Information System.